Trigger messages to create awareness
The Raphide platform can be configured to send out relevant messages to all stakeholders involved.
For instance to:
- Traveller upon full audit & approval of the trip
- TMC or OBT for fulfillment & 24/7 services upon full approval of the trip
- Line manager if a trip does not meet the Corporate Travel Policy
- Risk manager if travel to a high-risk destination is proposed
- HR manager if travel insurance does not cover the country visited
- Sustainability manager if corporate environmental goals are compromised
Single step approval
Traditional approval tools are embedded in the commercial vendor's online booking tool and are mostly based on an e-mail process. Management approval is received only upon an active and actual booking.
Raphide, on the other hand, takes a step back. It creates a complete travel dossier upfront covering all travel aspects and has followed the full in-company approval process. Only after the approval of all company stakeholders, the booking is submitted.
Duty of Care for our Travellers - SDG* Goal - 3 Good Health & Well-Being -
Duty of Care refers to the moral and legal obligations of employers to their employees, contractors, volunteers and related family members in maintaining their well-being, security and safety when working, posted in international assignments or working in remote areas of their home country.
In those circumstances, individuals and organisations have legal obligations to act prudently to avoid the risk of reasonable foreseeable injury or exposures leading to ill health. This obligation may apply both to acts and omissions.
In addition to that, the employers are due to build a broad culture within their organisation addressing the health, safety, security and well-being of their employees and other related collaborators to the business. To do so, they are expected to develop and deploy appropriate workforce resilience approaches to protect people from possible harm www.isos.com.
* Sustainable Development Goal (SDG)