CO2-Emission Reporting Scope-3
Raphide has a budgeting system in which, just as for the financials, budgets can be used for CO2-emissions. This can be done per department and for the organisation as a whole. There is the option to send out notifications when the budget is exceeded.
For management information and control proposes, Raphide has a custom configurable dashboard on which statistics, for the current year and previous years, are displayed according to:
- Total CO2-emissions
- The CO2-emission per department
- The total CO2-emissions per mode of transport
- The total distance travelled
- The distance travelled by means of transport
- The emission rate, e.g., the weight of CO2per kilometre per traveller
Download our full paper in the next tab: CO2-emission reporting Scope-3, sustainable business travel starts with transparency.
Most organisations want to get started with their climate plans. It is therefore important to focus on taking a concrete first step.
Greenhouse Gas Protocol
Business travel falls under the Scope-3 emissions in the classification of the Greenhouse Gas Protocol.
- Scope-1 concerns the direct emissions caused by an organisation
- Scope-2 is the indirect emissions caused by the purchase of, for example, electricity, heating
- Scope-3 concerns emissions caused by business activities of another organisation. This concerns emissions from sources that are not in the possession of the own organisation and on which it has no direct influence.
For many organisations the reporting obligation is limited to Scope-1 and 2, with the residual category Scope-3 dangling behind it. Often unjustified.
Measuring is knowing
As so often it is a matter of doing it. Start by measuring the emissions caused by business travel, set a goal and take action and make choices to achieve this goal. So, it starts with measuring. Measuring is knowing.